Applications are currently ongoing for the MasterCard University of California, Berkeley Masters Scholarships for African Students/2020 USA. Interested students should see the details below.
The University of California, Berkeley, is a public research university located in Berkeley, California. Founded in 1868, Berkeley is the oldest of the ten research universities in the University of California system, and is often cited as the top public university in the United States.
The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. All people, no matter their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance.
Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa find opportunities to move themselves, their families and their communities out of poverty to a better life.
The University Of California, Berkeley – USA is offering MasterCard scholarship programs to African students who has interest in undergoing a degree program at the Institution.
Administered out of the Center for African Studies, the program at the University of California, Berkeley is supported by a broad cross-section of functional and disciplinary units on campus including the Division of Student Affairs, the Graduate Division, the Berkeley International Office, and the International House.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): MasterCard Foundation, University of California
Scholarship to be taken at: USA
Scholarship Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees and stipend
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for African students.
- Study in Canada: Low Tuition Medical Universities Schools in Canada, 2020/2021.
- Updated:Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) International Stipend Scholarship,2020.
- International Undergraduate Bachelor Scholarship at Saint Michael’s College in USA 2020
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California 2021, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. Applicants who are refugees, stateless or have other questions regarding their citizenship may still be eligible.
- Applicants must possess excellent academic credentials and must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they come from an economically disadvantaged background especially the extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they will give back to their community, country, or continent. They should be able to elaborate in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
- Applicants must express their desire and intention to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
Application Procedures for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at University of California 2021
Both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first apply for admission into the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship. Applicants are encouraged to apply for the scholarship before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: Rolling